Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to our favorite Shayna!

Yesterday was our niece Shayna's Birthday. She would've been 23 years old. Many of you know that she died as a result of a car accident in June. It was such a hard time for our family, and we are all still trying to deal with it. The whole family went to the cemetery and had lunch and birthday cake. They received her headstone yesterday, and it is so beautiful. We had Manwich- that was her favorite meal. Melody had bought 23 balloons- all her favorite colors- and we all signed messages to Shayna on them. We let them all go and it was such a spiritual moment and everyone started to cry. It was so awesome. On my balloon, I told her to give Christopher and my mom a hug! It was such a special time for us to get together to remember her. We miss her so much. Her baby Kayson was so happy and peaceful- I know that she is with him all of the time. One of my friends, Malisa, had a beautiful blanket made for Darren and Melody with pictures of Shayna on it. It was such a sweet thing to do. We pray that Darren and Melody and their family, and EJ and little Kayson will be comforted and will feel her presence near them often. She was and still is a beautiful daughter, wife, and mother, and will always be loved and cherished. We are so grateful for the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who made it possible for us to have eternal families. I am SO GRATEFUL for that. I know that he lives and loves us so much, and I am so grateful for him in my life.

9 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

That is so wonderful that you all were able to do that for Shayna. It's so sad, but obviously God's plan. Little Cayson is seriously the cutest little boy ever!

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

I know! He is starting to get so much hair and has taken a couple of steps too. He just got his first tooth the other day too. He is so sweet and precious- he loves his grandma and grandpa so much. It is so cute to see Darren with him.

Losinthisdangfat said...

thanks for sharing that with us aall heidi!
I wish I could have known shayna. She sounds like she was a really nice girl. I fell really bad for her baby, adn for her family. I know and have faith that God has a plan for us all.
Love ya Heidi! Please give your family a great big hug for me!
Andrea

Losinthisdangfat said...

I meant to spell "feel"
sorry, I have Christian on my lap right now and I'm having issues spelling

Losinthisdangfat said...

OOPS! I meant to spell "And"
SORRY!
(Is there spell chick some wheere on here???) LOL

Losinthisdangfat said...

I'm having issues! LOL

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Andrea, you are a nut!!! I love you! Give Christian a kiss from his favorite aunt- oh sorry Christel, I meant his favorite Aunt Heidi! HAHA!

Mr. Hughes said...

Glad you get to have some happiness in your moment of reflection and sadness. Thanks for reading my blog. I am so excited that you have one too! I get to keep up on a classmate finally! :)
Take care!

Malisa said...

I am so happy you were able to spend that special day with Darren and Melody. You and Deloy are the best and I know that D & M cherish you in their life so much! DOn't forget you need to write down those special moments that happened to them the few days after she passed away. She told me and Kristin about some of them the other day when we took the blanket up. They will probably remember most of them but how great to go back and read about them many years from now. I bet it brings many smiles to their faces. Kayson is the cutest little guy ever and I am so glad he is ok! Your family is still in my prayers often.