Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Trying to be like Martha!
Ok so that was a bit extreme- we all know that I won't ever be like Martha!!! Andrea and Christel on the other hand are pretty close. I have been making freezer jam tonight and have a few more cases of peaches to bottle or whatever! I can't believe that it is so much more expensive to do this, but I am trying to domesticate myself more and it makes me feel good doing that for my family. I wish I could channel down a few more of my mom's genes~ :) I would like to try raspberry peach or something different- Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Heidi, you are so much like mom then you realize! You remind me of her everytime I look at your picture! I love you so much big sister!
I think that Raspberry Peach jam would be so yummy! Probably just make it the exact same way, just 1/2 raspberries, and 1/2 peach. That should be too hard.
Exactly 1/2 and 1/2. It is yummy! I made some last year. I am so excited you did a blog. Now maybe we can keep track of each other more ever though we live 5 seconds apart.
ok- so i am getting really tired of seeing peaches- I think tomorrow I will bottle them.
ok- so i am getting really tired of seeing peaches- I think tomorrow I will bottle them.
Once you have the jars (keep them after you use the contents) and if you can get the produce for free it really is much cheaper. We live in a huge agriculture area so we got 50+ pounds of tomatoes for free and I gleaned peaches from my mom's tree this year. That's the best way to do it for cheaper than the stores. But then again, when canned food is on sale, I just LOAD UP!! Congrats on being domestic. It's hard work, but so much more satisfying.
Post a Comment