Monday, September 22, 2008

So long Melon Days!!!!

Oh wow! I have had the busiest few weeks of my life preparing for Melon Days. Christel and I did a booth selling baby blankets and CUTE hooded towels! I thought that we would do so well. I can't believe that we only sold a few things. We had a wonderful woman from Green River buy a blanket and wooden watermelon- only cuz' my sweetheart of a husband begged her because we were so bummed! I thought it was so nice of her. I am so glad that is over- maybe I will get to clean my toilets and dust a little bit! ( Gee- that sounds like I want to do that!!!) It got to the point that whenever we had people come to look at our stuff, we wanted to say "It's ok- we know you don't really want it and can't afford it anyways!!!" haha~ We got a good laugh out of it anyways! Then we went to the Chow Hound for yummy cheese fries and a chicken salad! I tell you- it just isn't the same from anyplace else! BTW, If anyone wants to buy a cute hooded towel or a way soft minky baby blanket, let me or Christel know! We have plenty left over!!

6 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Don't even bother, you can't afford it!! That was the theme of the day, wasn't it? It did get pretty funny! I'm so glad it is over too, thank goodness! Maybe I will add some pictures onto your blog of Melon Days for you.

Losinthisdangfat said...

Yay! Heidi FINALLY figured out how to post pictures on her blog!!!
Or was it christel that did it?!?
LOL I miss you guys SO MUCH!!!
I wish my family could have been there with you all! It looks like it was a lot of fun! Thanks for taking pictures too! I loved looking at 'em!
By the way, I'm sorry no one really bought the stuff you guys made. It all looks so cute too! I thought that you guys did a great job on it all!
Have a great day you guys!
PS. I posted some new stuff on both blogs, come check it out! :)
I love you all! Love Andrea

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

You are always the optimist Andrea- thanks you so much for being so sweet! I love and miss you!

Mr. Hughes said...

I thought you guys would do well too! I think that there were fewer people this year. The whole celebration seemed to be smaller and less attended. I loved your blankets. Made me want to crawl in the basket and fall asleep. We know who to call if we ever have another baby! :)

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Okay John- so we'll be hearing from you soon then! HAHA!

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Okay John- so we'll be hearing from you soon then! HAHA!