Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In memory of my mom...




It is one of those days today where you don't like to really remember what happened on that day, but you really want to remember and honor that person. I want to remember in particular today, my mom. It has been 20 years today that she died. I can't believe it has been that long. It has been more than 1/2 my life. I miss her so much. She is so special to me, and I love her. She would have been the best grandma to my kids, and the best mother in law to DeLoy- I told him that she wouldn't put up with his crap!! HAHA:) She was short and so sweet.. She had the most beautiful personality. She was so happy and positive all of the time. She was so Christlike to everyone she met- even complete strangers. She would act like they were long lost friends. I remember how she used to go up to people and comment on how cute their kids were and how much she loved babies. I remember one time when she left us in the HOT car- to go into the Best Western where she worked "just for a minute..." it turned into about an hour!!! I was so upset with her when she came back to the car, but I know that I am the same way- I can talk and talk forever- and I love that I am like her in some ways. I miss her homemade bread-(I used to wish for Wonder bread)- isn't that wierd??? I miss her homemade chocolate cake that she made without frosting because my dad didn't like it. I miss her beautiful singing voice- I miss her awesome hugs and kisses. I cry while I type this because even though it has been 20 years ago, it seems like it was just yesterday when she left us. She is always in my thoughts, and I want to honor her today because she is and always will be the best mother anybody could ever have, and I am so glad that Heavenly Father gave her to me to be mine. I love you so much momma, and I miss you... Some day when I see her again, you can bet that I won't let her go forever. That will be an awesome day.

9 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

It will be the best day....that one day that we all dream of. I bet Christopher is still holding on to her!

Anonymous said...

That was very touching, you made me cry! She would be so proud of you and your family.

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Thank you Jan- Yes- Christel, I can see Christopher holding her. I imagine that he hasn't wanted to let her go yet either.

Malisa said...

You made me cry! That was so neat to hear about your mom. She sounds so much like you to me. It I wouldnt have known, you just described yourself. Wishing you happy thoughts today. What an amazing mother you had and you be proud to be living just like her!!!!

Kristi said...

I see so much of your mother in your children! That baby picture of her reminds me of them. Thanks for sharing!

The Mortensen & Peatross Family said...

You made me cry! That was so neat to hear about your mom. She sounds so much like you to me.your baby looks just like that baby picture of your mother. she is with you everyday and she is so proud of you. you are a special lady and she tought you to be that.

Christie said...

What an awesome tribute to your momma, she would be so proud of you and your beautiful family! =)
When I hear of others who have lost a parent it makes me want to hug mine a little tighter and be sure to tell them how much I love and appreciate them, even when they drive me crazy, lol
Thanks Heidi for the perspective

julie said...

This was such a sweet tribute. From the things that you say about your mom, you have so many of her wonderful qualities. You look so much like her and Kylee looks just like her. You made me cry as well. You are such an amazing person and someone that so many of us look up to! Love you.

Losinthisdangfat said...

Heidi, that was beautiful. Thanks for what you said, it meant alot to me. I love you and all your family!